06 February 2008

Heath's Accidental O.D.

Well since I talked about it when it happened I figured I may as well report the outcome of the tragic Heath Ledger story.

After a good week of speculation and people trying to stir up some sort of sordid celeb controversy, it turns out the man from Perth died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs.

The OCME said the cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone (OxyContin), hydrocodone (Vicodin), diazepam (Valium), temazepam (Restoril, a sleeping pill), alprazolam (Xanax) and doxylamine (NyQuil), saying the cumulative effects of these medications mixed together killed the actor.

I love the term "lethal cocktail"; it's so metal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the term accidental overdose, when someone is pumped full of SIX different drugs....and they are clearly old enough, if not smart enough, to know better.